GAF Roofing Materials
When you trust Brothers Aluminum with your new GAF roofing system installation, you’re guaranteed the finest and most dependable roofing application techniques and materials. We utilize a system that will add appeal to your exterior, protect your home for many years to come and improve overall energy efficiency. When installing your new roof, our certified technicians use the following GAF roofing materials:
- Cobra Attic Ventilation: This component is an exhaust vent that allows excess heat and moisture to escape from your attic, which can improve energy costs and increase energy efficiency. Cobra ventilation is installed at the roof ridge to give your roof an uncluttered appearance.
- Roof Deck Protection: With roof deck protection, your roof has an underlayment made from strong synthetic materials to ensure long-lasting performance. This material resists wrinkling and buckling to lay flatter and maintain the roof’s appearance. This layer protects your home against rain and high winds and allows moisture to escape that causes mold, mildew and structural damage.
- Leak Barrier: Located between the shingles and roof deck, the leak barrier adds protection against leaks caused by roof settling and extreme weather conditions. Leak barriers are recommended for homes located in harsh climates like the Northeast.
- Starter Strip Shingles: These are pre-cut shingles designed to speed up installation and includes an added adhesive strip that locks shingles in place to decrease the risk of shingle blowoff.
- Ridge Cap Shingles: For added protection, ridge cap shingles are applied to both enhance and add depth to your roof while also guarding against leaks at hips and ridges.